Translate

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Meet Our Team

Hi, I'm Matthew, the head pastor of New Providence Community Church and have been serving as a pastor in this church over the past 23 years.  In this time, I have had the pleasure to share in the teaching, training, mentoring, counselling and leading of this organisation.  I am looking forward to this trip to DR as a means of reengaging a historical connection with Red Del Camino, while building new relationships with those we meet.  As we continue to take our church forward in the Bahamas, we continue to prayerfully seek God's direction and leading as we practice what it means to be holistically present in our own cultural context.

My name is Iliana Gerasimenko and I am the Youth Director at NPCC. I am originally from Russia and have been a part of NPCC family since I was 16 years old. This will be my 3rd time connecting with our brothers and sisters in DR! It is such a joy to be able to reconnect with everyone once again, to see all the familiar faces and get to serve within the communities of RDC network! I feel led to be a part of this mission to continue to build relationships and serve together, to build one another up and serve the community by meeting practical needs as Jesus did. I look forward to seeing what God will do in my life and in the lives of everyone who will be a part of this experience!


Hi! My name is Clive Guy. Born in Trinidad. My dad is from Tobago. I came to work and live in the Bahamas in 1998 and became a part of NPCC soon after. I have been serving with the Youth Ministry for over 10 years. It is my passion to give of my gifts and talents for the betterment of God’s Kingdom. This will be my second time serving with RDC communities. The first time I came I was impacted tremendously and look forward to seeing how God will work this time as well!





My name is Barbara Beneby-Hepburn. I am a banker. I enjoy reading and decorating. I believe in Karma..I believe whatever you do unto another will come back to you. My mission is to live out His commandment to love one another as He loved me. I have a heart for mission, for helping those in need, to be the hands and feet of Jesus, for the Bible says,  “whatever you do unto the least of My children, I will do unto you.” I’m looking forward to the trip to DR, doing His mission, living community, doing His will.


My name is Tanisa Dean. My father is a musician at NPCC and I would often go to church with him. While at the church, I met new people, made new friends in Da Tribe - our youth group. I started to volunteer in Da Tribe as a Red Zone leader in 2013. Being a part of NPCC has changed my life completely! I now serve the Lord, I got baptised this year on April 20th and I'm going on this mission trip for a learning experience. My heart goes out to the people of DR who are in need and I want to make a difference in their communities, give a hand and serve them.


Hello. I am Alfred Sweeting. I have been an active member of NPCC (New Providence Community Church) for about five years. As a young guy growing up along side such a healthy environment within the church’s youth group I started to become more involved in serving and volunteering.  I have served first in my own backyard at NPCC and afterwards I branched out. I have served NPCC community as well as other communities throughout Nassau. I am looking forward to this trip because I believe that’s where I will be able to lend my entire being to help others. Overall, it seems like it would be a great experience to witness.




Hello, my name is Reggie Stubbs. I became part of NPCC through a friend who suggested it and I loved it and since then keep coming. I'm looking forward to going on this trip because I want to experience God’s love in a way I never had before.







Hi! My name is Asja Dillet. 
I started to come to NPCC when I was three years old. My mother brought me to church with her. I have served in the children ministry while I was still in primary school, and I stayed there until grade 7. After the children ministry,  I went on to serving in the youth ministry, helping out whenever I could for roughly 6 years.  In the past year, I devoted my service to the church by helping the media ministry for about 6 months. I am looking forward to this trip not only help others who are less fortunate, but also to learn from what they have to teach me. 

Hello! My name is Davina Adderley and I am 17 years old. I'm from Long Island, Bahamas, but recently graduated from high school here in Nassau, Bahamas. I got involved with NPCC a few months back after being invited to worship with Da Tribe. Now, I serve and worship along with the Church family on a regular basis. I possess great passion and excitement towards the upcoming trip to the Dominican Republic. It gives me great joy when I am blessed with the opportunity to go and help persons not only in my home country, but in other countries, that share the same needs. At this time, I am most eager to work with and entertain the children in the Dominican Republic, experience a worship service in Spanish, and also enhance my interests for Hispanic culture. 


 My name is Kasia McCartney, I am 17 years old and I am a recent graduate of high school in Nassau, Bahamas. I rejoined New Providence Community Church this year along with my family and couldn't have been more thrilled to be apart of the NPCC family. When I first heard about the service trip to the Dominican Republic, I knew it would have been a great opportunity to meet and connect with people internationally. I'm hoping to be able to develop relationships and gain a new perspective on how others view Jesus and how they allow Him to play a major role in their lives. I know I'm going to the DR to serve, but I believe that this trip will also provide such a great learning experience, which will be something I'll remember for a lifetime. 


My name is Tiera Ndlovu and I am currently going into grade 11 this upcoming fall. I am passionate about sports, children, and helping the community. In my local community, I have assisted many different organisations and have fostered relationships with these groups. However, the connection sparked at NPCC during my sixth grade stands out the most. It was a true turning point in my life as a Christian and lead me to be born again the following summer at my grandmother'a church in Atlanta, GA. Ever since then my participation in the local community has been driven by my ongoing journey as a disciple of The Lord, which has inevitably led me to this trip to the DR. I am anticipating a wonderful, life-changing, work-filled, exciting trip!


Thank You For Your Prayers and Support!





No comments:

Post a Comment